Number of posts : 99
Humor : sarcasm ahoy! and lots of dry wit. Wahaha
Z Cash :
10 / 10010 / 100

Group : 0
Editing!! : 1 2 3
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Alone   Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:50 pm

Empatha heard Raja say her name, and twisted her head to watch him collapse on the ground, obviously knocked out.
"Raja! No!!!"
She screamed in fright when another crack sounded right next to her, but without feeling any pain, she turned, confused, towards the sound. Another man stood above her, a weapon in his hand.
She turned her eyes downward, suddenly realizing that the man she had landed on was no longer struggling. Blood was trickling from his forhead.
In a frenzy of fear, Empatha kicked her legs out at the man standing above her, but he dodged her attack easily.
It was no matter to Empatha though, for her feet had finally touched ground, so she stood, with some great effort. But when she stood, what she saw raised her panic. They were surrounded by humans.
She turned her head and cried out to Neveah and Osiris, trotting towards Raja to defend him against the enclosing humans. The pain in her wither seared further down her leg and across her back with each step, but she ignored it.
Only a foot from Raja, she felt something sting her neck. And she trilled in pain. The world started to spin and go black. Empatha dropped to her knees, and watched as the humans came close around Raja.
The world went black, and the last thing she knew was the feeling of her body falling heavily into the warm sand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/kisikusikuuhuru/index.htm
Twilight
Gamma

Female
Number of posts : 272
Z Cash :
10 / 10010 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Alone   Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:48 pm

Nevaeh kicked frantically at the closing humans. She paniced and flailed around helplessly as Empatha and Raja were taken down. She flared her nostrils and kept flailing desperately. But her hooves met nothing but air. A loud crack sounded from behind her and she whirled around. She saw that Raja and Empatha both had strange-colored featherlike things attached to them. Her eyes grew wide with fear as she glanced around and found one on her shoulder. The drug quickly took effect and she walked slowly toward Raja and Empatha's body's lying on the ground. She was well aware of the many humans around them, but there was nothing she could do. She staggered forward as the world around her grew dark and blurry. She could no longer make out the individual shapes of the humans. They were one huge blur. She took one more step and fell to her knees. She finally fell all the way over on her side, her eyes completely closed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lostindeath101
Beta

Female
Number of posts : 46
Humor : Dry
Z Cash :
10 / 10010 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Alone   Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:55 pm

Osiris whinnied her panic as her companions went down one by one. She felt the sting in her flank as well, but she payed it no heed. She stood and kicked out at the men. They were everywhere, brandising swords and whips. She felt several more stings, but they only served to fuel her panic and rage. She bucked and reared and bared her teeth. Suddenly a rope tightened around her throat and her neck was brought down. This made her severly angry. She kicked out harder, threatening to injure her own muscles. Another rope caught her front left foot and another caught one of her back legs. The men pulled and she fell hard on her right side. She tried to stand again, but more ropes were fastened. Breathing hard, she realized that she was trapped. She felt five or six more stings in her exposed neck and cried out in pain. The poison started to take effect and drk clouds encroached on her vision. She struggled against it until she couldn't tell what was reality. Then, her world went black.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/soultakerhaven
Skye
Admin

Number of posts : 188
Humor : as funny as your face FOOL! o.O O.o
Z Cash :
10 / 10010 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Alone   Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:26 pm

He flew proudly above the sand, peering into the distance, he watched. Waiting for any movement that laid ahead. It was up to him to report any life that still stirred in the sand, it was up to him to keep them safe, and to keep his stomach full and happy with deliciously scrumshis rabbits and mice and sparrows and...he shook his head side to side. Just thinking about it made him fly to close to the ground. He landed in the palm tree ahead of him. Sand seemed to be turned up really bad from last nights ordeal, blood, broken ropes and a horse's body laid silent and still. Would she awaken? Should he eat her? He locked his vision on the horse, slowly bowing his head forward as if to strike. Her body looked to fresh, so warm, so much meat. "Danm bird!" said a man behind him, he flailed his wings in surprise and landed head first into the sand below the palm. "You go flying for five minutes and all you can still think about is food!? Snap out of it man, focus! We have an important job you know!?" said the man as his foot reached the hawk struggling in the sand, getting your head stuck was something unpleasant and completely embarrassing. He pried his head out with a final tug with his taloned feet, spewing sand into the air along with a mohawk feather frizz on his head. He shook his head then glared at the man behind him. He cawed in his beautiful hawk voice at the man, which in surprise the man understood him and nodded in response. The hawk refocus his attention to the horse as it stirred, Empatha had awaken from her nightmare.

Last edited by Skyechild on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zaltana.forumandco.com
lostindeath101
Beta

Female
Number of posts : 46
Humor : Dry
Z Cash :
10 / 10010 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Alone   Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:38 am

All was darkness. She could see nothing, not even herself. She could not smell, nor hear anything. Osiris snorted in panic. She tried to stand, but couldn't find her limbs. She whinnied in fright, but found she coulnd't open her mouth. Voices came to her, loud and sharp. They wee deep, male voices. Human, by the gutteral grunts they were making she assumed. Sudenly something was ripped away from her face and immediate light blinded her. She blinked rapidly to clear her vision and found herself laying on the floor on what smelled like straw. She was in a stable, or a holding cell. She tried to sit up, but was jerked back to her position on the floor. Twisting her head around to look, Osiris discovered a leather strap around her neck connected to a black chain that bolted to the wall. Upon further inspection of herself, she discovered that all of her feet were given the same treatment and that a muzzel had been placed over her nose. She snorted angrily and fought the chains, pulling and yanking against them. "Woah, woah there girl." a voice above her called. She looked and a man in brown and tan robes was leaning against the stable door. "Don't want you to hurt yourself." Osiris glared at him, whinnying in protest of her harsh treatment. "I know, girl, I know. I tried to persuade them otherwise, but these kind won't be talked out of whatever they set their mind to." He scratched his cheek absently, and she stopped thrashing to listen to him. He folded him arms across his chest and looked behind him. After a few seconds he tuned back to her and opened the door. He walked in and closed the door behind him. He approached her slowly, holding one hand out. She panicked and started thrashing again, making scared noises in her throat. "Shh, shh." he soothed. "You don't want to bring them upon you again, do you?" She relaxed just enough to stop thrashing and making noise, but kept her muscles taught in case she needed to fight against him. He put both hands on either side of her face, making soothing noises all the while. Gently, he blew air into her nostrils to teach her hs scent. The smell wasn't a bad one, a bit like hay and flowers and the western wind. She stared at him, not sure what else to do. He smiled at her. "There. Now we know each other." She blinked. "I'm Josem." he continued. "Osiris." Osiris muttered through her teeth, cursing the muzzle. "Osiris!" he replied. "What a beautiful name." Osiris' eyes grew wide. Had he just...understood her???
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/soultakerhaven
twilite-crescent
Beta

Female
Number of posts : 99
Humor : sarcasm ahoy! and lots of dry wit. Wahaha
Z Cash :
10 / 10010 / 100

Editing!! : 1 2 3

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Alone   Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:22 pm

Empatha had dreamt of snakes, and humans, whips, chains, and fire.
Now she struggled, pulling out of the blackness of sleep, her eyes opening slowly. She felt ill, and there was that burning pain in her wither that wouldn't cease.
She finally opened her eyes entirely, and seeing the scene of blood stained sand before her, remembered the previous nights struggle.
Frightened anew, she screamed "RAJA! Raja, where are you!" She struggled to stand, but found herself too weak. She cried out in pain and fell back to her side. "Osiris! Neveah! SOMEBODY!"
Tears flooded her eyes, and she felt so alone. So frightened. The pain in her wither was only increased by the sand that had sunk into the exposed flesh.
The feeling of someone stroking her cheek brought her back into reality. "...don't cry, brave one. Your friends are safe now, I'm sure."
She lifted her head and stared at the human who was speaking to her, confused. A hawk was sitting on his shoulder, a hunting mask on his head. She nickered softly to the hawk, hoping that he could reassure her of her safety in the presence of this human. The hawk tilted his head to the side and kree'd.
Satisfied, Empatha laid her head back down and let the human continue to stroke her face. "Raja...Osiris...Neveah...please come back..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/kisikusikuuhuru/index.htm
Skye
Admin

Number of posts : 188
Humor : as funny as your face FOOL! o.O O.o
Z Cash :
10 / 10010 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Alone   Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:07 am

The day was perfect to the barren region the humans had camped in. The sun rose high above them with a cool breeze from the mountains blowing through the swirling cloaks of the happy people. They were still celebrating the victory of last night’s battle that also brought in some unexpected guest to their tribe. Children laughed and played, dodging in-between the crowed center of the traveling village.
The peaceful humans soon came to a stop in dance to stare into the blowing sand that hid a dark figure coming at them. A child standing with a sparrow on his shoulder smiled big and proud as he ran towards the figure, “Papa!” The man kneeled down to grasp his son lovingly while the hawk on his shoulder took to the air with the boy’s sparrow swirling around each other in a joyful dance. “Papa, I am glade to see you return safely; did you find her?” said the boy looking up at his father in worry. “Yes my son, she is at the farthest edge of the camp right now being treated.” The boy quickly looked over his fathers shoulder at the settling dust behind him. A clear view was making of several other tents in the distance; he took a step away from his father towards it. A hand came around his chest stopping him, “Let her rest for now my son; she needs her rest.” The boy looked into his fathers eyes disapprovingly, “She needs to know I’m alright.”

The father towered over his son in a sudden rage, slapping him across the face “Do not use my son for your games Raja, that’s crossing my limit to put up with you.” The boy rubbed his check smiling wickedly, “Then let me down from here and release my friends, they are not mindless animals which you of all humans should know.” Rubbing his check again the boy began to whimper as he tried to ease the pain. He looked up at his father questioning, “Papa?” His father rapped his arms around him, “I’m sorry my son, it’s more then a gift it’s a curse and you will soon learn that someday when you become a man.” He turned around to face a crowd still watching them, “Let the bay go and free his herd so they may walk among us.”

A man rapped in bandages stumbled in from a side tent along with several women holding his bandage raps giggling, “Are you crazy!? That large one nearly strangled me in that rope, then the other one forced her weight on Sic nearly killing him. They don’t even know if he will live after that!”

The father closed his eyes slowly, “It’s not up to me and for all sake you should have never jumped on that herd. He is the one of blood and purity. You should have known he might be coming through here and of all things!” the father blew up hot air from his longs.
“Of all things, you know what happens if he is kept in a sleep state. He tampers with are minds.”
The man in his bandages laughed devilishly, “At least I don’t have to worry about that.”
“Let the hope of Zoni go!” Demanded the father in rage.
“Very well.” Said the man defeated in his dispute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zaltana.forumandco.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Alone   Today at 7:56 am

Back to top Go down

Traveling Alone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4